We welcomed new members and renewals and also had an informative and fun session from Friends of the Earth participating in their Money for Good Workshop.
For anyone who attended the session and is looking for further information then Friends of the Earth helpfully provided the following info.
Info from Friends of the Earth
Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone who took part! For more on getting started aligning your finances with your values:
- Check out this blog from Mary, which summarises a range of resources for finding out more and taking action.
- Mary mentioned Good With Money specifically a couple of times – you can find them here: https://good-with-money.com/
- There’s also this Radio 4 link, where Mary talks about climate-friendly finance on BBC’s Money Box.
- For more on our Own It pilot, you can read about the findings from our first trial on our website – if you missed the chance to sign up but would like to get involved, you can also get in touch with us that way!
On the Bristol specifics:
- The Avon Pension Fund story is complicated: despite Bristol City Council voting to divest in 2015 the current administration has been pursuing a policy of engagement (with limited success) and recently voted to water down a motion that would have required APF to be more proactive in making the transition. For more info contact https://www.facebook.com/bristolfoe/
- You can read more about this issue in this Bristol Cable article on Avon Pension Fund.
- You can also show support by telling your councillor to use their influence to end Avon Pension Fund’s fossil fuel investments.
Finally, if you’re passionate about making your community more climate-friendly, you can join our network of climate action groups – the nearest is in BS7.
You must be logged in to post a comment.