- 5oz Margarine
- 9oz caster sugar
- 4oz doves farm GF self raising flour
- 3oz ground almonds (the trick to a light, grain free gluten free sponge!)
- 4 eggs
- 5oz sour cream (not fluid oz)
- 2oz cocoa powder
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- Beat the eggs and margarine. Beat eggs separately. Add all the other ingredients to mixing bowl as well as the pre-beaten eggs, and mix together. An electric whisk works best for this to get it nice and light.
- Line the base of cake tin with baking paper. Preheat fan oven to 160. Bake for 25-30 mins.
- For the filling my dad uses a chocolate buttercream and the ganache on the top is made from melted milk chocolate which you stir double cream into as its melting (to ensure the cream cooks so you do not have to refridgerate the cake!) there are no measurements here, just go with what tastes good. The ganache is simple but delicious.
Nb. Large cadburys chocolate buttons are GF but cadburys chocolate bars are not.