- 1 tin of chickpeas in water, drained, with the water reserved.
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- a glug of extra virgin olive oil – about a dessertspoonful.
- 1 dessertspoon of light tahini (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients, with the exception of the drained water in a blender. Add a couple of tablespoons of the water. Blend. Add some more water if it needs it. You are looking to have a thick hummus-like consistency.
- This is how I like my hummus but feel free to add more garlic, more lemon, more oil, more tahini or none at all.