Review of the Meeting
CLP introduced the new committee for 2016, who are
- Chair/President – CLP
- Treasurer – Lesley Hagar
- Secretary and Membership Secretary – Rachel Mylrea and Alex Cole
- Programme Secretary and Quiz manager – Lisa Branney
- Online manager – Nicola Thomas
- Durdham Down link and Vice President – India Rabey
- Members at Large – Gemma Keeley and Rebecca Wallace
- Committee Support – Catherine Debley
Charities and Fundraising Update
Our nominated Christmas charity is Caring at Christmas who will be the beneficiaries of our Christmas Raffle. Prizes are donated by local businesses and include wine, a massage, jewellery, a light-up letter, tickets for The Witches of Eastwick, personal training with Vicky Hill etc.
We are still selling tickets for the Jessie May Trust raffle – the prize is a Mulberry bag.
New charity nominations for 2016 were:
- The Hive – Avon North Mencap
- The Carers’ Support Centre
- Linkage, older people’s support
- 125 – charity for street sex workers
The Carers’ Support Centre was nominated as our charity of 2016.
Random Acts of Kindness were reviewed.
Wider WI update
Our resolution for a ban on plastic beads in cosmetics will be covered in WI Life, together with the other shortlisted nominations.
There will be a Carol Service on 16 December at St Albans, Westbury Park.
A Darts Tournament is being organised for members only, teams of 4.
Members can only renew from January on a first come, first served basis. Existing members will get priority, followed by new members.
Alternatively, if you can’t make January’s meeting, and want to renew, you can post a cheque with a completed membership form.
November’s activity was a craft session, to make origami paper flowers.
Next meeting – Christmas Party at Zazus, Gloucester Rd, on Tuesday 8 December. Next year’s programme will be announced at the Christmas party.