- 400g breakfast sausages
- 375g all butter puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 200/Gas6. Lightly flour a pastry board or work surface, then roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 30cm x 20cm.
- Remove the skins from the sausages (slice the skin from one end to the other then peel away from the sausage meat). Spread the sausage meat over the pastry, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Scatter over the fennel seeds, and brush the edges with a little beaten egg.
- With the long edge facing you, roll the short sides of the pastry, both left and right, until the rolls meet in the middle. Brush with more beaten egg and press the rolls lightly together.
- Cut into 8-10 finger-thick slices. Place these flat on a baking sheet and brush lightly with more egg. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until puffed and golden.